Customers who use cashmere clothing usually give their clothes clean and dry. However, if the laundry is provided, the durability of the cashmere increases and the quality becomes increasingly high. In case of home washing, you should wash your cashmere products by hand. The best way of cleaning cashmere is factory laundry.
- The temperature of water should be between 20 and 25C /warm water/.
- For a single sweater, 4-5 liters of water is recommended. Washing cashmere in a small amount of water will damage the product.
- Add detergent or soap in water and swirl to disperse the soap evenly.
- Place the item in water for 5 minutes until soaked.
- Gently squeeze the item with soapy water.
- Do not wring or rub the cashmere while hand washing
- Carefully squeeze the cashmere without wringing the water out. A machine dryer can be used to drain properly.
- Then rinse throughly but carefully in clean lukewarm water.
- If you opt to machine wash, set GENTLE cycle on your washing machine. You should consider inserting your cashmere in a mesh-washing bag.
- Lay the item flat in its natural shape on a thick drying rack or a towel to prevent the item from wrinkles and to lose its shape and elasticity.
- Steam the item. Can be ironed on steam setting. If steam iron is not available, simply wet a cloth and put it on the flat laying cashmere and gently press with heated iron. Iron the wrong side of the cashmere on as low heat as possible.
- Do not use bleach on your cashmere as even diluted solutions can damage, discolor or weaken fibres and decorations of the item.
- Place the cashmere in mesh-washing bag to wash and tumble dry as wringing out or twisting damages the decorations of the item.
- Do not hang the cashmere as this will stretch out of shape.